Have your retreat, board meeting, or other event at Earthaven!
Earthaven makes its facilities available for events that support its mission and goals. Our 329-acre permaculture-based community offers a unique setting where visitors can directly engage with regenerative food systems, eco-infrastructure, the beauty of the natural world, and the intimate experience of community living.
Hosting Events at Earthaven Ecovillage
Earthaven is an ideal eco-retreat and living classroom. The springs and creeks that traverse the land help welcome and invite you into the flow of what is happening in this serene forested setting. Take our hiking trails to explore the lush forests and gather in our eco-conscious facilities. Earthaven is off the grid, which means we get our water and electricity from the land. Your event will use well water as well as electricity from hydro power (water) and solar power (sun), with a back-up generator.
- Council Hall – Large circular space with attached kitchen and bathroom.
- Three-Season Camp Kitchen – basic full-service kitchen (water, stove, oven, dishes, etc.)
- Outdoor Facilities:
- Village Center Fire Circle – near the outdoor dining area and three-season camp kitchen. Requires approved fire tender.
- Village Green – large open grassy area below the Council Hall.
- Outdoor Dining Area– three-season canopy covered area with tables, benches, and lighting.
- Hidden Valley – undeveloped forested gathering area with large fire circle in the center. Accessible only by foot, handcarts, and ATV. Requires approved fire tender.
- Village Plaza – outdoor gathering area adjacent to the Council Hall, nestled between Village Green and Outdoor Dining Area.
- Campground – forested campground with covered dining area, cooking area, potable water, composting toilet, outdoor shower.
Some noticeable differences to prepare for include:
- Limited internet
- No outdoor lighting at night
- Residents present on the land
- Limited and responsible electricity use (no charging for electric vehicles)
- No cell phone service (landline available)
- Consistent monitoring of resources (e.g. water, electricity)
- No air conditioning or central heating (fans and wood heat keep our spaces cool/warm)
Experience the Earthaven community through a unique learning journey!
Contact School of Integrated Living to explore the following possibilities and more.
- Guided hikes
- Wild edibles walks
- Fireside storytelling
- Facilitated nature connection and team-building activities
- Community Q&A sessions
- Topic-specific classes
- Service-learning work parties
More Information and Application:
Contact Event Venue Coordinator, NikiAnne Feinberg at (828) 669-2707 or email@example.com